"Robyn Roche-Paull's book, Breastfeeding in Combat Boots, is far more than a 'survival guide.' It is practical, well-referenced and totally awe-inspiring! ... Robyn's stories of courage, creativity and determination weave a powerful thread through this realistic, no-nonsense book. Bravo!"
-Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC - military spouse of a USAF Colonel with 26 years of service.
Breastfeeding in Combat Boots is a much needed resource for active-duty mothers and mothers-to-be, who are seeking information and support on how to breastfeed successfully while serving their country.
Are you pregnant and in the military? Do you want to breastfeed, but just don't know how you can combine 12-hour shifts, training exercises, or deployment with breastfeeding your baby? Robyn Roche-Paull answers these questions and more in Breastfeeding in Combat Boots - A Survival Guide to Successful Breastfeeding While Serving in the Military. As a veteran of the United States Navy, mother of three breastfed children, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and La Leche League Leader, the author has helped many active-duty mothers breastfeed their babies. She has now compiled this knowledge into a comprehensive guide to help all mothers in the military breastfeed their babies successfully.
Most services now have written policies in place to support breastfeeding and direct commanders to provide a place and time for pumping milk. However, even with the policies in place, military mothers face unique circumstances that can make breastfeeding successfully a challenge. This book was written to help military mothers overcome the challenges they face so they can provide the best nutrition for their babies. Some of the topics covered include the following:
How do I get breastfeeding off to a good start in only six short weeks?
Can I pump while in the desert for training exercises?
Is my pump allowed onboard ship?
Do I need to pump and dump if I've been exposed to JP-8?
How do I deal with co-workers who do not support my pumping while on duty?
These questions and more are answered in Breastfeeding in Combat Boots! In this book, the author provides military moms with insight into the rewarding and wonderful aspects of breastfeeding on active duty, while also giving a realistic look at the challenges that lay ahead. If you are an active-duty pregnant or breastfeeding mother or you work with active-duty mothers, this book is a must-have book for your resource library. Not only is it comprehensive and easy-to-read, it also includes many testimonials from military moms who have successfully breastfed and are happy to share their experiences.
Winner of the 2011 NAPPA Honors Award and the 2011 MWSA Silver Award.
Author: Robyn Roche-Paull, BS, IBCLC, LLLL
Total Pages: 354
Instructions for downloading:
Once you have purchased the digital version,
1. Go to the digital book's page you purchased.
2. Under "Related Files," click "Download" next to the file that you just purchased.
3. Save file to your desktop.
Installing eBooks on the Nook:
1. Connect the Nook to your computer with a USB cable and it will mount as a disk drive.
2. Copy the downloaded eBook into the "My Documents" folder on the Nook.
3. Eject the Nook, and then you can safely disconnect the USB cable.
Installing eBooks on the iPad or iPhone:
1. Add the eBook file to your iTunes library on your computer by going to "File" -> "Add to Library" and then navigate to where your eBook is located and select it.
2. Connect your iPad/iPhone to your computer to sync with your iTunes library.
3. Click on your iPad/iPhone device when it shows up in the left column of iTunes.
4. Click on the "Books" tab in the top right of the iTunes window.
5. Click on the checkbox next to "Sync Books".
6. By default it will sync all eBooks in your library every time you connect your device to your computer. To change this, select "Selected books" and manually pick which eBooks you want to sync onto your device.
7. Click "Apply" to begin the sync.
No customer comments for the moment.