· A Pilot Study of the Flaxseed Effects on Hormones and Lignans: Role of Race, Genes, and Gut Microbiome – Researchers need African-American and Caucasian women in the Buffalo, NY, area who are postmenopausal and have never had any type of cancer (except skin cancer) for this study. For more information, click here.
· New Nursing Care Quality Measures – AWHONN is looking for feedback on their new NCQ measures including measures on skin-to-skin immediately following birth, no supplementation of breastfeeding newborns without medical indication, and ensuring human milk as the primary diet of premature infants in the NICU. The deadline to submit comments is August 1, 2013.
Military Lactation Toolkit – Contains essential facts and resources to help military moms succeed in breastfeeding or pumping while on active duty. (Note: The toolkit was funded by Abbott.)
The Baby’s Perspective – A course for RNs, LVNs, LCs, CLEs, doulas, and infant care specialist who have been working with moms and want to know the baby’s perspective. Kittie Frantz, RN, CPNP-PC, shares her 45 years of experience in the field of pediatrics and breastfeeding in this set of six 3 hour modules. Each module offers a minimum of 3 CEU’s.
Hale Conference 2013 features a Day with Paula Meier and Tom Hale (Sept. 12), a Day with Marianne Neifert and Tom Hale (Sept. 13), and a Day with Nancy Hurst, Teresa Baker, and Tom Hale (Sept. 14). The conference is being held in Dallas, Texas.
· Need women living in rural California counties diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in the past five years to participate in a study evaluating online support group using video calling.
· Need breast cancer survivors in East Illinois and Birmingham, Alabama, to evaluate a new physical activity program called BEAT Cancer.
· Need everyone – the Army of Women wants to follow a large cohort of men and women over time to determine how breast cancer starts and how to prevent it. Periodically, you will be asked questions about your health and health habits. The study will be conducted online.