Clinics in Human Lactation Breastfeeding after Breast and Nipple Procedures: A Guide for Healthcare Professionals
Do you work with pregnant or breastfeeding mothers who have undergone breast or nipple procedures? Breastfeeding after these procedures can be challenging. Lactation consultant Diana West and (plastic surgery resident) Dr. Elliot Hirsch have teamed up to write Breastfeeding after Breast and
Nipple Procedures: A Guide for Healthcare Professionals.
West and Hirsch cover a variety of pertinent issues including:
• Predicting lactation capability after breast and nipple procedures
• Effects of tissue healing upon lactation capability
• Effects of diagnostic, ablative, and therapeutic procedures upon lactation functionality
• Breastfeeding during chemotherapy
• Effects of cosmetic breast surgeries on breastfeeding
• Lactation management in the post-breast or post-nipple surgical mother
• Supplementation to maximize breastfeeding
• Post-surgical complications after breastfeeding
• Effective breastfeeding counseling for mothers who have undergone breast or nipple procedures
For those who need reliable information on how various breast procedures and surgeries will affect breastfeeding in the mother’s they work with, this book is an invaluable resource.
Authors: Diana West, BA, IBCLC and Elliot M. Hirsch, MD
Total Pages: 64