“Doulas’ Guide to Birthing Your Way contains a wealth of information for pregnant women and their partners.”
From the foreward written by John M Kennell, MD
Pediatrician, co-author of Bonding and Mothering the Mother
Doulas’ Guide to Birthing Your Way is written for you, the mother, and your doula if you have one. It will lead you step-by-step through the birth process, so you’ll know what to expect. Whether this is your first child or you are an experienced mother, The Doulas’ Guide will be your guide to giving birth your way.
You will learn:
• How to build a birth team that supports you
• How to write a Birth Vision that reflects your priorities
• The ten things that must be in your birth bag
• Tips, tool and techniques to help you have the easiest birth you can have
• Ways to avoid a cesarean birth or how to accomplish a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)
• How to get breastfeeding off to a good start
• The best ways to avoid postpartum depression
Giving birth is something you’ll remember the rest of your life. Knowing what to expect and having a birth vision will help you take control of your birth and make educated decisions should the need arise.
Authors: Jan S. Mallak, 2LAS, ICCE-CD-CPD-IAT, CD-PCD (DONA), CPD (CAPPA)
Teresa F Bailey, J.D., M.L.S., CD (DONA), LLL Leader, IBCLC
Page Count: 188